New Flyer Orientation
Welcome to Lewis University! We are so excited you have decided to join our vibrant community.
New Flyer Orientation will provide you with information, resources, and activities to help you begin your journey as a Flyer. Participation and attendance in New Flyer Orientation is required for all newly admitted freshmen and transfer students.
The New Flyer Orientation experience is designed to help you
- Connect with your academic department, receive quality academic advising and register for your first semester of classes.
- Develop a sense of connection to Lewis by learning about our mission and traditions, as well as by getting to know students, faculty and staff.
- Become familiar with campus resources to support your success inside and outside the classroom.
New Flyer Orientation Components
New Flyer Orientation begins in the summer and leads right into your first semester. After New Flyer Orientation, you will be prepared for a successful start at Lewis! You will receive emails and texts about New Flyer Orientation dates and sign up details during the admissions process, so keep an eye on your phone. Your New Flyer Orientation experience will include the following:
- New Flyer Assessment & Placement (Virtual)
- After submitting your tuition deposit, be sure to complete relevant assessments for writing, reading, and math in order to be ready for New Flyer Registration Day!
- New Flyer Registration Day (Virtual)
- Today is an exciting day, you will learn about resources and meet with an academic adviser to register for your first semester of classes! New Flyer Registration Days are offered beginning at the end of May through the summer.
- New Flyer Nights (Virtual)
- From the comfort of your home, you will have the opportunity to learn about different departments throughout campus, such as Business Office, Office of Technology, Student Engagement, Academic Services, and more! Feel free to join with your family and/or supporters! New Flyer Nights take place throughout the summer.
- New Flyer & Family Movie Night (On Campus)
- You and your family are invited to campus for a summer movie night! Join us for food, raffles, and opportunities to learn more about the Lewis community by connecting with other new Flyers and Lewis alumni.
- New Flyer Cornerstone Seminar & Welcome Week (On Campus)
- During Cornerstone Seminar and Welcome Week at the end of August, New Flyers come together on campus for an exciting week filled with fun activities, traditions, and resources to help you start your journey as a Flyer! Students living on campus also move in during this time.
- Cornerstone Seminar (On Campus)
- Cornerstone Seminar continues beyond Welcome Week! Part of the General Education Program, Cornerstone Seminar (one credit hour) provides students with an opportunity to get to know the university's Catholic and Lasallian Mission as well as grow and develop the skills needed to become successful at Lewis. The course provides students with an opportunity to get to know other new students in a small class size of 18-20 students. Students also have a chance to explore campus resources and activities to feel supported and at home on campus. The class culminates with students developing their Flyer Flight Plan to outline and map out their journey to graduation.
Questions about New Flyer Orientation?
Reach out to your Admission Counselor or email email@example.com.