When to Make a Referral
If you are concerned about the health, well being, or safety of any
individual on campus, you are encouraged to share your concerns or
observations by contacting Student Wellness Center, Student
Services, Campus Police, Human Resources or by completing the ACT (Assessment & Care
Team) referral form below.
You may decide to report a concern if a person is:
- Harmful to themselves or others
- Making suicidal threats or gestures
- Exhibiting alcohol or drug problems
- Exhibiting a pattern of concerning, unusual or out of the ordinary behaviors or actions
- Experiencing hospitalization for psychiatric, drug or alcohol problems.
- Disruptive to the living or learning community
- Withdrawing socially
- Showing a decline in the quality of work
- Showing bias, discriminating against or harassing others
This is not a complete list, but should give some idea of types of issues
of concern. This list is meant to be a guideline and is not all inclusive.
Please refer to the Identifying & Responding
to Distressed or
Disruptive Persons brochure or Z-Card for more specific guidelines.