When to Make a Referral
If you are concerned about the health, well being, or safety of any
individual on campus, you are encouraged to share your concerns or
observations by contacting Health & Counseling Services, Student
Services, Campus Police, Human Resources or by completing the ACT (Assessment & Care
Team) referral form below.
You may decide to report a concern if a person is:
- Harmful to themselves or others
- Making suicidal threats or gestures
- Exhibiting alcohol or drug problems
- Exhibiting a pattern of concerning, unusual or out of the ordinary behaviors or actions
- Experiencing hospitalization for psychiatric, drug or alcohol problems.
- Disruptive to the living or learning community
- Withdrawing socially
- Showing a decline in the quality of work
- Showing bias, discriminating against or harassing others
This is not a complete list, but should give some idea of types of issues
of concern. This list is meant to be a guideline and is not all inclusive.
Please refer to the Identifying & Responding
to Distressed or
Disruptive Persons brochure or Z-Card for more specific guidelines.