IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR CURRENT STUDENT-ATHLETES
The following are some important facts about NCAA academic eligibility. Know them and be aware of how they relate to you.
- Student-Athletes must be enrolled in at least 12 hrs. per semester. An Athletic hold is placed on each student-athletes account preventing them from dropping or adding a class. Student-athletes need to consult their Coach and Student Success Coordinator – Athletics Specialist before adding/dropping classes throughout the semester.
- At the beginning of each Fall Term every student-athlete must have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher in order to be eligible.
- In-between semesters student-athletes cumulative GPA must meet good academic standing at Lewis University.
- 0 -33 hrs. earned 1.75 or above
- 34-50 hrs. earned 1.90 or above
- 51 hrs. + earned 2.00 or above
- Each semester a student-athlete must pass at least 9 hrs.
- From the beginning of the fall semester to the end of the spring Semester a student-athlete must pass at least 18 hrs.
- For an entire academic year including summer a student-athlete must pass at least 24 hrs.
- All student-athletes must declare a Major by the start of the 5th semester.
- Once student-athletes begin their 5th semester every course they take must be degree applicable. Any course that shows up as an excess course on their degree works audit will not be counted towards the NCAA requirements.
If you have any questions in regard to your academic situation, talk to your departmental academic advisor or contact Academic Services..
Important Information for Prospective Student-Athletes
If you are interested in becoming a student-athlete at Lewis University, please be sure to register with the NCAA Eligibility Center using their online registration process - NCAA Eligibility Center.
If you are interested in learning more about how student-athletes are monitored for academic success, ask your coach or admission counselor to schedule an appointment for you to visit with the Academic Advisor for Student-Athletes.
Students can call Academic Services at (815) 836-5593 or email AcademicServices@lewisu.edu.