The Department of Education allows a review of a student's Financial Aid Award Offer if a student and/or family's financial situation changes since the FAFSA was completed. The Office of Financial Aid Services can review your unique situation under certain circumstances for additional federal or state assistance. The circumstances that are eligible for an additional review are listed below. In addition, if your Estimated Family Contribution (EFC) is already a zero, a review would not result in any additional assistance due to the EFC already calculated to a zero.
Circumstances that can be reviewed:
- Loss of employment after 2020
- Reduction of work hours after 2020
- Extremely high medical expenses after 2020
- Marital status change (ie, divorce, separation, widowed)
- Loss of one-time income after 2020
If you have been affected by one of the circumstances outlined above, complete the Income Reduction Form for the 2022-23s Academic year. The Form can be found on the Financial Aid page of myLewis. Follow the instructions and submit all the appropriate documentation to the Office of Financial Aid Services.
Circumstances that cannot be reviewed:
- Voluntarily decreasing work hours to attend college
- Resigning or leaving job voluntarily
- Extensive credit card debt
- Union position where hours fluctuate yearly
- The loss of overtime hours