Athletes aren’t the only ones who may enjoy a rewarding career in the sports industry.
Develop the business skills necessary for success in an industry that has become a staple of American history and culture.
From Fandom to Career
Many people who are die-hard fans of their local sports teams are not athletes. While experience in sports activities is an advantage, they are not required in order to pursue a career in the sports industry. Trained professionals are needed to help manage the growing number of sports/fitness programs and facilities.
Build Leadership Skills with Sports and Business Education
The Bachelor of Arts in Sport Management program at Lewis University combines coursework from business, fitness, health science, and technology. Following the guidelines of the North American Society for Sport Management (NASSM) and Commission on Sport Management Accreditation (COSMA), the curriculum prepares students for careers in professional and collegiate sports, park districts, YMCAs, and public assembly facilities.As candidates of the program, students will:
- Develop essential skills in sports marketing, promotions, public relations, finance, sales, event management, analytics, revenue generation, customer service, and entrepreneurship
- Obtain hands-on experience through one of the top NCAA Division II athletic programs in the nation
- Learn how to create effective sport and fitness programs
The U.S. Department of Labor predicts the job market in the sports and recreation industry will increase between 21 and 35 percent. The growing number of sport enthusiasts, sports and recreation facilities, sports programs, and leisure-related activities provide a positive job outlook for graduates of the BA in Sport Management program from Lewis University.
Why Lewis for Your Sport Management Degree?
- Experienced and knowledgeable faculty who are prominent leaders in the field to help develop and strengthen skills necessary for the sports industry
- Professional contact that includes professionals from the Chicago Bears, Chicago White Sox, UIC Athletics, Chicago Wolves, Kane County Cougars, Chicago Fire, and many other well-known sports-related organizations.
- Ranked as one of U.S. News & World Report’s “Top Tier Colleges”.
- Small average class size allows for high interaction with our experienced faculty.
- Support system consisting of internship site supervisors, faculty, students, and alumni who are confident this program prepares students for success in the field.
For more information about the BA in Sport Management program at Lewis University, please contact Timothy McBride at email@example.com.Share ➤