Prepare for a leadership role in law enforcement, emergency response or public safety.
NEW! First Responders receive a 20% tuition discount and tuition is deferred for six weeks after the end of each class.
Public safety professionals are called on regularly to plan for the extreme, be it related to health and wellbeing of the community, weather, crime, and acts of violence and terrorism. Lewis University’s Master of Science in Public Safety Administration program is designed to help those who are preparing to manage police, fire, emergency medical, private law enforcement services, and other public safety occupations in our society.
You will develop an understanding of the contemporary practices of public safety management and responsibilities, review theories and practices involving issues of risk management and emergency management, develop solutions for public safety problems, and learn to make decisions consistent with the responsibilities of serving and relating to the community.
- Real-world education from experienced and connected faculty who come from the front lines of public safety leadership
- Small class sizes facilitate group interaction and a dynamic learning environment
- Accelerated course formats for the convenience of the working professional
- Develop even stronger organization and management skills through best practice training
- Approaches to risk and crisis management along with financial, budget and data analysis
- Model ethical and professional behaviors to guide inquiry and practice in a diverse society
Possible career options for those with advanced degrees in Public Safety Administration include positions within:
- Local Law Enforcement
- Federal Law Enforcement
- Probation and Parole
- Homeland Security
100% Online Option
For professionals with difficult schedules, Lewis offers a 100% online option through a pre-scheduled cohort that keeps you with the same learning community throughout your program.