Philosophy of Law, B.A.
The perfect preparation for success on the LSAT and in law school.
Learn how to communicate ideas more effectively and persuasively in preparation for a successful career within the legal system.
Philosophy of Law Course Options Include:
- Examine the intellectual framework underlying our society and justice system
- Learn and formulate your own ideas through interactive dialogue with your professors and classmates
- Develop skills in writing, persuasion and critical thinking
- Investigate fundamental questions surrounding nature, being, reason, knowledge and faith
- Analyze and interpret the works of past and modern philosophers
Life after Lewis
- Introduction to Critical Thinking
- Ancient and Medieval Philosophy
- Philosophy of Law
- Ethics (Action and Values)
- Political Philosophy
- Philosophy of Rights
- Modern Philosophy
Lewis' Philosophy of Law degree is the perfect preparation for success on the LSAT (required for admission to law school) and law school, but also wonderful preparation for a wide variety of careers which require intensive communication and critical thinking skills, including psychology, social work, education, business, public administration and health care.
- Attorney in corporate or private practice
- Legal counsel for government or corporations
- Public defender
- Politician - local, state or national
- Public advocate
- Educator at law school or college
- Librarian in a law library
Many students choose to minor in Philosophy in Law if they are majoring in another program but interested in pursuing law school after Lewis.
Philosophy of Law is a popular dual major, often earned in combination with programs such as Political Science, English, Physics, and Criminal/Social Justice.
Pre-Law at Lewis
Learn more about law school admission requirements and why Lewis is the perfect place to prepare for law school
Law School Preparation
Philosophy majors rank 1st among all majors in LSAT score (+4.7 pts higher than average). - U.S. Department of Education Studies
Philosophy majors rank 1st among all majors in law school acceptance rate (82.4%). - U.S. Department of Education Studies
"Philosophy is the #1 earning humanities major for mid-career earning potential.
" - The Wall Street Journal