Continue Your Professional Development in One of Our Areas of Specialization.
Contact us(815) 205-0943
Lewis University’s Organizational Leadership Certificates provide education for your career growth and advancement, enhancing professional and personal impact through leadership development. Certificate programs contain in-depth instruction for the best possible education, with classes conducted in accelerated eight-week sessions, offered both online and in-person. The certificate programs can potentially be earned within one year.
Professional and Executive Coaching
ICF Accredited, Track Record of Success, and Convenient
The Professional and Executive Coaching Certificate or concentration within the MAOL degree is dedicated to developing world-class coaches who are taught by the best to be the best. This program is fully taught in English and we attract students from around the globe who are looking for the optimal balance between academic rigor and practical experience. Since 2012, Lewis University’s Professional and Executive Coaching program has been the coaching program of choice for individuals seeking to distinguish themselves in the coaching marketplace.
Our program is designed for busy professionals who need on-the-move access to virtual classrooms and resources. We utilize state-of-the-art virtual learning methodologies that support interactivity and collaboration, creating a powerful learning community. Students attend lectures, participate in experiential study groups, and create individual practice partnerships. Our curriculum is built on evidenced-based coaching research and skill-based competencies proven to create powerful change in the coaching context. Students are stretched and supported at each stage of their coaching development journey. This program is 18 credit hours or 128 training hours.
What is professional and executive coaching?
Coaching continues to gain traction in the corporate arena, as companies of all types and sizes experience its value and reap the benefits. No longer stigmatized as a last-resort effort to correct weak leadership, the profession of Executive Coaching is recognized as a necessity for guiding talented, high-potential employees to achieve optimal performance.
Organizational productivity, profitability and innovation – these assets all rely on having strong, capable leaders in place, which is why coaches are in high demand at many top corporations worldwide. They are also some of the highest paid coaches in the business.
As a coach, you have the privilege of working with leaders on developing the skills and perspectives to improve their team management efforts, develop a greater work-life balance and help reach their full potential. Of course, the road to becoming a coach involves a series of integral steps. Before moving forward, take some time to educate yourself on the process, set accurate expectations and prepare for the journey ahead.
Fully accredited by the ICF as an ACTP program provider
The International Coach Federation (ICF) is the leading global governing and credentialing body of professional coaching. An Accredited Coach Training Program (ACTP) offers you a faster track to apply for the ICF Associate Certified or Professional Certified Coach credential. In fact, to avoid the 16-week long wait for the performance evaluation, many professional coaches choose to train with a full ACTP program. It enables them to earn their first ICF certificate while they complete the requirements for the professional level designation.
No matter whether you are planning to start practicing as an entrepreneur coach, or support an organization by boosting the efficiency of its workforce, an ICF Certificate will provide you with the tools and credibility to achieve the positive outcomes your future clients expect.
Training and Development
Lewis University’s Training and Development Concentration and Certificate has been recognized for the online master’s in Training and Development by Best Colleges.com, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics projects a 10% expansion in this field over the next 8 years. Enhance organizational effectiveness through training design and implementation, maximizing employee potential and aligning organizational outcomes with culture. The concentration coursework is aligned with the Association for Talent Development (ATD) capability model. This alignment prepares students for the industry sought-after ATD certification.
Enrolled students will achieve the following:
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of talent development theory, methodology, terminology and instructional design basics
- Create processes designed to attract, develop, motivate and retain productive, engaged employees
- Develop a high-performance, sustainable organization that meets its strategic and operational goals and objectives
- Evaluate real-world learning projects against evidence-based best practices
- Explore roles, responsibilities and careers in training and development
This track is designed for professionals currently working in or aspiring to work in managerial positions in corporate, nonprofit or governmental organizations. Students pursuing the Organizational Leadership Certificate will achieve the following:
- Develop strategies to influence others in an organization to exceed expectations
- Embrace efforts to improve policies and procedures
- Learn actions that are grounded in ethical principles and mindful of potential impact
- Recognize and appreciate the role of leadership in shaping organizational culture, with emphasis on diversity, participative management and self-reflection
- Develop critical thinking and decision-making skills to enhance leadership and organizational effectiveness
Higher Education Leadership
This program is designed to enhance the work of current professionals in student services, including management, advising and assisting with the needs of traditional and non-traditional students. Faculty include current leaders in higher education, including university vice presidents, deans and directors. Students in this program will learn the following:
- Recognize current and future challenges facing higher education institutions
- Formulate leadership strategies and plans for meeting challenges and facilitating change
- Create a strategic plan for a new organizational initiative
- Identify the latest trends and theories in adult or continuing education
- How to make decisions and take actions that are mindful of the unique needs of an institution and its students
- Develop critical-thinking and decision-making skills to enhance higher education leadership and organizational effectiveness
Turn your certificate into a master’s degree
Lewis’ Organizational Leadership Certificate programs are transferable toward the Master of Arts degree program in Organizational Leadership. The credits you earn can be applied directly at a later date. All you have to do is take the remaining required courses in the degree program.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally-accredited institution of higher education
- Minimum 3.0 GPA (on a 4.0 scale) in the last 60 hours of undergraduate coursework
- Official transcripts from each institution previously attended
- Completed graduate application form
- Two letters of recommendation
- Personal statement outlining one’s personal and professional goals
Please refer to the Office of Graduate Admission for application requirements and specific next steps.