Research shows you can make a difference in the world.
Discover the opportunity to affect lives in ways you never imagined.
Whether you're teaching in a classroom or performing research for the government or a corporation, Lewis University's Master of Science Degree in Physics will give you the skills to impact lives in extraordinary ways.
The Knowledge You Need to Make Your Mark
At Lewis University, you’ll further develop your skills in Applied Physics from instructors who are experts in their fields with industry connections. What’s more, you’ll gain practical experience working with companies to solve real-world problems. Upon graduation from the program, you’ll be able to:
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge and comprehension of the core concepts of physics
- Exhibit a functional knowledge of all basic areas of physics, including mechanics, electricity and magnetism, thermodynamics and quantum mechanics
- Display quantitative, qualitative and technical skills central to physics
- Conduct scholarly activities in an ethical manner
- Produce and defend a research project
Why Choose Lewis?
Contact us(815) 205-0943
- State-of-the-art laboratory equipment
- Small interactive classes provide the ideal environment to learn with and from your peers
- You can utilize work done for your employer for your research project
- Ranked as one of U.S. News & World Report's "Top Tier Colleges"
- Ranked 14 for Adult Students by Best Colleges.com
- Recently named #1 best private college value in Illinois by Great Value Colleges
4 + 1 Program Option
Physics majors and other students with appropriate coursework in Physics and Mathematics with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 and 3.25 GPA for their major are eligible to apply for the B.S./M.S. 4 + 1 Program Option, earning both degrees within 5 years.
Life After Lewis
Our graduates are able to bring their new found skills to the following career fields:
- Nuclear Physics
- Engineering Physics
- Computer Science