Effectively teach adolescents and prepare young minds for success in adulthood.
The Middle Level Education program at Lewis University connects theory with practice, allowing students the opportunities to apply course concepts in real-world environments. Students are placed in the field for classroom observations in a middle school or junior high school, helping them to develop the skills and confidence while earning their degree. Upon graduation, students will be prepared to teach grades 5-8 in the following areas:
- Language Arts
- Social Science
2+2 Program Option
Through unique partnerships with College of DuPage (COD) and Harper College, students may attend COD or Harper College for the first two years of the program and complete the final two years at Lewis University's main campus in Romeoville. Upon completion of the program, students receive a Bachelor of Arts in Middle Level Education degree from Lewis University.
The Middle Level Education program is fully approved by the State Educator Preparation and Licensure Board and the Illinois State Board of Education.
Visit the Financial Aid for Educational Studies page for more information on education scholarships.
- Foundational Literacy for Middle School Teachers
- Special Methods
- Characteristics and Development of the Adolescent Learner
- Pedagogy and Assessment for Effective Instruction
- Grammar for Teachers
- Introduction to Number Theory
- Principles of Environmental Science
- State and Local Government
On Campus Opportunities
- Educators Rising
- Best Buddies Illinois
- Catholic and Lasallian Educators Program
- Kappa Delta Pi International Honor Society in Education (KDP)
- Black Student Union (BSU)
- Latin American Student Organization (LASO)
- Gender Sexuality Alliance (GSA)
- Completion of an introductory level methods course
- Cumulative GPA of 2.75 (to enroll in the introductory methods course and to continue in the program)
Please refer to the Office of Admission for application requirements and specific next steps.
For more information contact the Office of Admission at email@example.com or call (815)836-5250.Share ➤