THE WORLD NEEDS MORE GREAT LEADERS. LEWIS UNIVERSITY’S MAOL PROGRAM IS DESIGNED TO CULTIVATE THEM.
Great leaders have common traits. They show drive, resolve, and commitment to leading with mission and purpose. They solve problems, manage change, and build teams. Through our career-focused, stackable micro-credentials, Lewis University’s Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership (MAOL) program can help you learn those skills so you can advance your career and impact your world for the better.
The MAOL is a 30-semester hour, career-focused program designed for early career and more experienced professionals seeking upward mobility, or who want to broaden their ability to lead and influence within diverse organizations, environments and teams. Grounded in the social sciences, this program identifies the complex understanding of “leadership” and “organization,” develops the skills associated with these themes, and prepares to bring these skills to the highest level of effectiveness in organizations.
A UNIQUE PROGRAM DESIGN
This program provides an opportunity for you to combine a set of leadership and management skills with a set of in-depth competencies from specific disciplines and sought-after industry credentials. You can stack three micro-credentials which meet your career goals. Through these specialized areas, you’ll earn the skills to move your career forward.
Courses are offered on a 12-month basis in 8-week sessions (some summer sessions are 7 weeks). All courses are offered online. It is specifically designed so you can advance your academic preparation in the context of full-time commitments at work and home.
You will learn:
- Team and Organizational Leadership
- Top Talent Development
- Strategic Change Management
- Leadership Assessment Tools
- Ethical Leadership Practices
- Conflict Resolution
- Employee Engagement and Team Skills
GIVE YOUR CAREER A DECIDED EDGE THROUGH STACKABLE MICRO-CREDENTIALS
Our micro-credentials provide you with highly sought-after industry skills, making you a preferred candidate in the market.
All students will earn the core Organizational Leadership Micro-credential (18 sem. hr.) focused on leadership theories, communication, conflict management and critical thinking and decision-making.
In addition, you’ll be able to choose two from the following specialized micro-credentials for your degree:
- Professional and Executive Coaching – Gain an understanding of the core competencies while applying coaching models and techniques.
- Training and Development – Aligned with the Association for Talent Development (ATD) Capability model, this micro-credential will prepare you for leadership roles in instructional design, training management, e-learning, performance improvement, consulting, and change management.
- Organizational Consulting – Gain an understanding of the consulting industry, strategic planning, operations management, business analytics, and business development.
- Strategic Human Resource Management – Learn to recognize, define and describe the major components of a good organizational strategy.
- Change Management – Learn key techniques and processes necessary to support productive organizational change.
Professional and Executive Coaching
Aligned with the International Coach Federation (ICF), a Level 2 accredited training program, we prepare learners to attain the ACC or PCC ICF coaching credentials.
Training and Development
Directly aligned with the Association for Talent Development (ATD) body of knowledge and capability model, we prepare students to attain the APTD and CPTD certifications.
Aligned with the International Council of Management Consulting Institutes (ICMCI), we prepare students for Certified Management Consultant (CMC) designation.
Human Resources and DEIB
Aligned with the Society for Human Resources Management (SHRM), we prepare learners to attain the SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP certifications.
Aligned with the Association of Change Management Professionals (ACMP) and directly aligned with the ACMP body of knowledge, we prepare students for the Certified Change Management Professional (CCMP) certification.
ORGANIZATIONAL LEADERSHIP CERTIFICATE PROGRAM
This 18-hour certificate is an alternative to the full Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership degree. The program offers micro-credentials that provide you with highly sought-after industry skills, making you a preferred candidate in the market. You’ll have two options to choose from.
You can either select the Organizational Leadership Generalist option or choose any of the two micro-credentials below to customize your certificate:
- Professional and Executive Coaching
- Training and Development
- Organizational Consulting
- Strategic Human Resource Management
- Change Management