Lowell Stahl Center For Entrepreneurship & Real Estate
How to Participate
Fill out an Intent to Compete Form: Each team must fill out an Intent to Compete form by 3/7/2014.
A team might consist of one person, or as many people as desired. Teams are typically 2 - 5 people. The team must designate a team leader, who must be a degree-candidate student at Lewis University (graduate or undergraduate).
Students participating in the Business Plan competition MUST contact the Stahl Center of Entrepreneurship for at least TWO mentor sessions. Students who do not attend mentors session will be disqualified from the competition.
One hour of elective credit can be obtained for undergraduate students who wish to receive it. To obtain credit for participation students must attend the Business Plan workshop, they must also submit a Business Plan into the competition and they must register for the course.
Submitting Your Plan
- Plans must be a minimum of 10 pages and maximum of 25 pages (excluding cover page, table of contents and exhibits). Page numbers must be used.
- Business plans must be submitted via email to Kristin Burton at email@example.com by the competition deadline. If students have an issue with this, they should make alternative arrangements with Mrs. Burton at least two weeks prior to the submission deadline.
- Business plans and appendices must be contained in one file and in a format that is ready to print. Files must be in MS Word or PDF, but cannot exceed 5 mb in size.
- Documents must be named as the title of the business plan, product or company name.
- All business plans must be written in English.
- All entries must be typed with 1.5 spacing (double spaced is also acceptable).
- Margins must be a minimum of one inch, and font must be a minimum of 10pt.
- Candidate names must not be included on any pages of the business plan. A list of team members must be included in the body of the email when the business plan is submitted.
Once you have submitted your proposal via email to Kristin Burton at firstname.lastname@example.org
you will receive a confirmation email of your submission within 24 hours.
For questions regarding the competition or business plan submission please contact Kristin Burton at email@example.com
or by phone 815.836.5092.