If you’re serious about a career in aviation…study near Chicago.
“Through its Lasallian mission of knowledge, fidelity, wisdom, justice and association, the Aviation and Transportation Department’s programs prepare a diverse group of future aviation professionals to be leaders in the aerospace industry, ethically grounded, and technically prepared to address the challenges of an evolving global industry.”
Home to United Airlines, and the 2nd busiest airport in the world, O’Hare International, there’s no better place than the Chicago metropolitan area to gain direct access to the practical, hands-on experience you must have to launch an exciting career in aviation.
With active partnerships at both O’Hare and Midway International airports, and our very own regional airport right on-campus, we provide you with a total immersion into the aviation industry that is simply unmatched by programs in more rural locations.
Lewis University programs are FAA-approved and nationally recognized
As a national leader in aviation education, established in 1932, the Lewis University name is well known and highly regarded giving our aviation graduates a strong professional network to tap into and a competitive advantage. Because we offer more than just a “technical” program you’ll also be exposed to courses in business, management, technology and liberal arts - exactly the type of holistic background aviation employers seek. Nearly 1.4 million pilots and technicians are needed by 2035 with another 950,000 jobs in cabin crew. As a result, our students are in demand more than ever. Many times, they are recruited right from the classroom. Lewis University is the place where aviation careers take flight.
- Outstanding location in one of the largest and most comprehensive aviation regions in the nation
- Enthusiastic professors with extensive industry experience and connections
- Unique partnership with Snap-on Tools means you will learn on the same equipment used by industry
- Focused 1-to-1 flight training gives you dedicated time to test your skills
- Extensive Aircraft fleet of 56 for both single and multi-engine training, featuring 8 Cessna 172S models with glass cockpit
- Numerous networking opportunities for students right on campus including our annual Aviation Career Conference, and CABAA Mentorship Day
Ready to start towards an aviation career?
For immediate questions, contact:
Director of Aviation Admission
Aviation Main Office
Alumna Dolores Pavletic Address to May 2023 Undergraduates