Enjoy Tuition Discounts -- an Opportunity for You; an Opportunity for the U.S. Navy
It is our hope that this scholarship will encourage you and your dependents to pursue higher education goals and become more effective contributors and leaders.
Learn more about our specific partnership programs:
Great Lakes Naval Station and Recruit Training Command Scholarship.
More than 40% of the Lewis student population is made up of adult students just like you, who balance work, family responsibilities and community commitments while attending class and keeping up with course work. Lewis offers several learning options to best match your learning style and busy schedule, including:
- Accelerated undergraduate and graduate programs for working adults which are taught in face-to-face format during five and eight-week sessions during the day, evening and weekends
- Blended courses, which are a combination of traditional classroom sessions and online learning
- Online degree programs and courses which are taught completely over the Internet
- Professional development seminars offered on weekends
- Convenient campus locations in Chicago, Romeoville, Shorewood, Oak Brook, Hickory Hills, and Tinley Park
- Ongoing enrollment periods throughout the calendar year, including 15 accelerated course sessions over the 12-month calendar year
In addition to a variety of delivery options, Lewis University also provides many academic support services including: academic advising, library services, career services, computing labs, and academic support services to help adult students succeed academically.
- Active Duty service members (and their dependents) of Great Lakes Naval Station, affiliates, or Recruit Training Command are eligible to apply.
- The scholarship can be applied to only adult accelerated Undergraduate Programs
- Great Lakes Naval Station and Recruit Training Command duty location verification by Great Lakes Naval Station Education Center must be provided.
- May not be used in combination with other Lewis University Grant, Merit/Academic Scholarship or tuition discount programs.
- Applicant must meet program admission requirements.
- A “Great Lakes Naval Station and Recruit Training Command Scholarship for Active Duty and Dependents Tuition Discount Application” form should be submitted prior to starting classes.
- Lewis reserves the right to cap the number of recipients in any given semester.
- Lewis reserves the right to halt the commencement of a class prior to its start.
- Apply to your program.
- Submit the corresponding "Employee Discount Form" to the Great Lakes Navy College Office for approval.
- Have Questions? please contact Roman Ortega Jr. in the Lewis University Department of Veterans Affairs at (815) 836-5339 or via e-mail at email@example.com