Minimize Your Risk of Becoming a Victim of Identity Theft
- Don’t give out personal information on the
phone, through the mail or over the
Internet unless you’ve initiated the contact
or you are sure you know with whom you
- Don’t carry your Social Security card; leave
it in a secure place.
- Carry only the identification information
and the number of the credit card or debit
card that you’ll actually need.
- Keep your purse or wallet in a safe place.
- Tear or shred charge receipts, copies of
credit applications or credit offers you get
in the mail, insurance forms, physician
statements, checks and bank statements,
and expired charge cards that you are
discarding. This deters thieves from
obtaining your personal information.
For more information on identity theft or
fraud, you may check the following link: