Benefits of Service Learning
Dear Current and Potential Community Partners,
Thank you for considering partnership with Lewis University’s Office of Service Learning (OSL)! Our goal at the OSL is to partner academics and community engagement. We hope to form a mutually beneficial relationship with you so that you can utilize resources that Lewis has to offer, while in the process, enhancing our students’ learning.
Below are some examples of ways Service Learning can be beneficial for your organization/agency:
- It offers skilled services that can provide an innovative way to address your organization/agency’s needs.
- A mutually valuable, lasting relationship is built among faculty, students, and community partners.
- Promotes social justices with underserved communities and community members.
- The experiences and research involved uncover possible preventative or transformative measures to make communities more cohesive, inclusive, and functional.
- Through this academic method, your organization/agency gains more public exposure.