of the COVID-19 pandemic, none of the libraries are lending materials.
However, there are options for you to get digital textbooks for free for
this semester only.
Visit RedShelf’s login page for RedShelf Responds. You must create an account with your institutional (lewisu.edu) email address.
you confirm your email, you can sign in and search for books by title,
ISBN, or author in the ‘borrow your text’ search box.
you find a title, click on details for the title you want and look for
the ADD TO MY SHELF option. That will open a read now option – and also
put the book on your “shelf” to return to again.
If you do not see the textbook you need there – this is another option:
- Vital Source Access:
Visit Vitalsource’s Bookshelf login page
and follow the instructions to create an account. You must create an
account with your institutional (lewisu.edu) email address.
Once you confirm your email, you can sign in and search for books by title, ISBN, or author.
When you find the title, just hover over it and click ‘borrow’. Users can borrow up to 7 titles.
With the well-being of all members of the Lewis University community our highest priority, we are taking several steps in response to the global Coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic. For more information from the university, please reference this page: https://www.lewisu.edu/covid-19/index.htm
At this time there are no confirmed cases of coronavirus on campus.
A variety of online academic support resources are available to all students, including from the Center for Academic Success and Enrichment (CASE), Academic Services, the Library, Career Services, and the Writing Center. In addition, Student Success Coordinators are available via phone, e-mail, and video conference to assist and support students. Please visit this link for a complete listing of these resources, as well as contact information.
Here are our current library services available to the Lewis Community:
- 24/7 access to electronic resources including databases, eBooks and streaming videos.
- Virtual chat research is open – we can even share screens so you can see what we see.
- Phone research assistance with a live librarian
- Research Desk: (815) 836-5306
- Circulation Desk: (815) 836-5300
- Text Us: (815) 496-6184
- In-person and online research consultations are still available – lewisu.edu/appointments
- Co-located services
- Please contact these services directly for information on their hours, or to arrange for services:
- Book loans
- All Lewis physical materials will be available for check-out.
- Due to some institutions closing, Interlibrary Loan may be limited. If you are wondering about due dates for your materials, please contact the Circulation Desk.
- Space open-social distancing
- Our space is open for our patrons. We do ask that all patrons remain 6ft apart from each other and practice social distancing when utilizing the space.
- From Saturday March 14th – Sunday March 22nd, we will be open from 8:30a-5p Monday – Friday, and 10a-4p on Saturdays. We will be closed on Sunday.
- Please reference the library’s website or social media for up-to-date hours beyond this time.