We will be closing early this Wednesday and will remain closed until Sunday, Dec 1st. We will see all of you Flyers, then!
Here are a few recipes presented to you from students and library staff for your Thanksgiving meals with your families…Enjoy!
Easy Buffalo Chicken Egg-rolls
1 rotisserie chicken
1-2 packs cream cheese
1 pack egg-roll wrapper
Deep fryer or oil and a deep pan
- Shred the chicken into small pieces
- Mix with cream cheese block and hot sauce
- Scoop into egg-roll wrappers
- Roll egg-rolls
- Fry until fully golden (not burnt!)
Sweet Potato Pie
- Sweet potatoes
- wash them
- peel them
- chop them
- put cinnamon and nutmeg
- brown sugar
- add butter
- mash the potatoes
- fill pie pan with potatoes
- put in oven at 400 degrees
- toothpick the pie to check if it’s smooth clean
- after about 20 min
- set outside to cool
- cut and serve
Green Bean Casserole
serves 6 Preheat oven to 350
4 cans of green beans (I like to combine cut and french or long)
2 cans of cream of mushroom soup
4 Tablespoons milk or cream
1 block of cheddar cheese
1 can of french fried onions
salt and pepper to taste
- Combine the green beans and soup with the milk or cream and stir together.
- Shred all of the cheese and put 3/4 of it into the green bean mixture.
- Incorporate half of the french fried onions into the mixture.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread mixture into a large casserole dish and put down a layer or cheese, then the rest of the onions, followed by another sprinkling of cheese.
- Put into the oven for 30minutes.
- Let cool slightly, and serve.