Check out our primer for Primo. It will quickly tell you the ins and outs of our new library search. For a more in-depth look into Primo, please check out our Primo guide.
Monthly Archives: July 2020
Did you know you can hook up Google Scholar to our new Primo discovery tool? Check out these steps below!
1. Go to https://scholar.google.com/
2. Log into your Google account. (will work without logging in, but you may need to repeat this set-up if you clear browser cookies)
3. Click on the 3 bars (=) on the upper left side to open the menu options.
4. Click the gear icon for Settings.
5. Click on “Library links.”
6. If you have the old “Full Text @ Lewis Library” selected, uncheck that box to remove it.
7. Search for Lewis University.
8. Select “Lewis University – Find It! @ Lewis Library”
9. Start searching Google Scholar and enjoy seeing the links to our content in Primo!
It can be supremely frustrating when you think you’ve found the most perfect article for your project, but then you find out there is a PAYWALL.
Don’t go full Vader just yet! There is Interlibrary Loan. And? It’s FREE!
You just need to look up your article in our new Primo discovery tool (make sure you have selected the “Expand My Results” check box in the upper left corner of the screen. Then select the permalink for your article and click “Request Article via Interlibrary Loan form” at the top of your screen.
It will look like this:
Then simply fill out the form as completely as you can. You should receive your article or chapter for FREE within 3-5 business days!
Primo is your Lewis Library’s new discovery tool. Our librarian Kelley Plass has put together a fantastic research guide full of hints, tips, and videos to help guide you in learning the ins and outs of this fantastic new tool.
Check it out here: https://lewisu.libguides.com/c.php?g=1016470&p=7362421
Hi, Flyers! Your Lewis Library will be closed July 2-5 in honor of the Independence Day holiday. We hope you enjoy this time off with your loved ones. You can still access our databases 24/7, and if you have any pressing needs you are more than welcome to email us, and we will get back to you as soon as we can!
Happy Independence Day!