The Summon search box on the Library’s homepage is temporarily unavailable in Internet Explorer and mobile browsers.
The issue, which occurred during an August 25 upgrade by the vendor, does not affect other browsers.
You can still access Summon in one of these two ways:
- Use the direct link to the Lewis University Library Summon search page: http://lewisu.summon.serialssolutions.com/#!/
- View the Library’s homepage using a different browser such as Firefox or Chrome.
The vendor hopes to have a fix in place by Friday, September 2.
Thank you for your patience, and we apologize for the inconvenience. If you need additional assistance, please contact the Research Desk at 815-836-5306.
Lewis University recently made a change that affects the ID number of every student, faculty and staff member on campus. Where the old ID numbers began with the number 2, the new ID numbers now begin with the letter L.
For example, if your old Lewis ID was 210012345, your new ID number will be L10012345.
As a result, anyone with an existing I-Share account will need to update their barcode information (borrower ID) in order to request materials. (Until then, you’ll get an error message about your account not syncing.)
Your library borrower ID is 24311 + your Lewis ID number, so in the above example, the new borrower ID will be 24311L10012345.
Here’s how to update your account information in 4 easy steps:
- Log into your I-Share account.
- Select User Account, the last option in the righthand menu.
- Under the Library Account Information heading, enter your new barcode number (24311 + your new Lewis ID number) in the Borrower ID (Barcode Number) box.
- After you enter your new borrower ID, click Submit.
If a “Changes were applied” message appears at the top of the page, you are all set. If not, please contact the Library Service Desk at (815) 836-5300 for assistance.