The Library hours of operation over the upcoming Holiday break will be as follows:
University Closure – Wednesday, December 23rd at 5 p.m.
Resume Hours of Operation – Monday, January 4th at 8:30 a.m.
Please note during the break, requests for assistance by email/chat and voice messages left at 815.836.5306 or 5300 will be checked periodically, and all messages that are not indicated as urgent by the requestor will be responded to upon resumption of normal Library services on Monday, January 4th, 2016.
The Library staff would like to wish you all a happy and safe Holiday season. Merry Christmas!
Does this sound like you?
- Current Lewis student
- Awarded Federal Work Study
- Experience providing customer service (in either paid or volunteer positions)
- Lots of availability, including all of the following:
- Mondays, 10 am to 12 pm
- Tuesdays, 12 pm to 2:00 pm
- Fridays, 10 am to 1 pm
If so, you could be a Lewis University Library student worker!
The Library is hiring two student workers for the Spring 2015 semester. For more information, including a job description, or to apply, visit the On Campus Student Employment section of Blackboard. You can also pick up an application at the Library Service Desk.
It’s that time again! The end of the semester is upon us, along with all of the papers, projects, and final exams that come with it. Wondering how you’ll make it through the next two weeks? Never fear—Super Study is here!
What’s Super Study, you ask? Why, it’s a program that provides Lewis students with services and support during these important but stressful last weeks of the semester.
Here at the Library, Super Study means:
- Expanded hours: We’re open around the clock each week from 10 a.m. Sunday through 7 p.m. Friday. We also have extended hours on Saturday (9 a.m. to 9 p.m.).
- Research assistance: Whenever the Library is open, there are research librarians here to assist you. If you’re not in the building, you can contact them via phone, chat, text, and email for real-time research help.
- Study space: In addition to the tables, study carrels, couches, and whiteboard tables throughout the Library, we also have four group study rooms that can be reserved up to 2 weeks in advance. Go to lewisu.libcal.com to book yours before they’re gone!
- Refreshments: Free coffee and hot chocolate in the vestibule vending area (while supplies last).
So far, so good, but we also understand that students need a break. So we’ve designated an area of the Library for stress relief and study breaks. From 9 p.m. to 3 a.m. every weeknight, the Library Media Classroom (behind the Research Desk) will become the Stress Relief Area. Inside, you’ll find board games, puzzles, coloring sheets and crayons, origami, and more. We’re also planning a midnight popcorn break on Monday, 12/14 and a visit from Tippi the therapy dog on Tuesday, 12/15.
For more information on Super Study hours, services, and activities throughout campus, visit the LARC website.
Good luck on your finals! See you in the Library!