Here are our updated hours for the week of August 16th-23rd. We are preparing to open up your Lewis Library space for the semester, and we look forward to seeing you all soon! Please reach out if you need anything. We are always happy to help!
Category Archives: Featured
You Lewis University Library has a great guide with all kinds of open access materials available. It has information about everything from databases, articles, books, and more!
Check it out here: https://lewisu.libguides.com/OER
Did you know you can hook up Google Scholar to our new Primo discovery tool? Check out these steps below!
1. Go to https://scholar.google.com/
2. Log into your Google account. (will work without logging in, but you may need to repeat this set-up if you clear browser cookies)
3. Click on the 3 bars (=) on the upper left side to open the menu options.
4. Click the gear icon for Settings.
5. Click on “Library links.”
6. If you have the old “Full Text @ Lewis Library” selected, uncheck that box to remove it.
7. Search for Lewis University.
8. Select “Lewis University – Find It! @ Lewis Library”
9. Start searching Google Scholar and enjoy seeing the links to our content in Primo!
It can be supremely frustrating when you think you’ve found the most perfect article for your project, but then you find out there is a PAYWALL.
Don’t go full Vader just yet! There is Interlibrary Loan. And? It’s FREE!
You just need to look up your article in our new Primo discovery tool (make sure you have selected the “Expand My Results” check box in the upper left corner of the screen. Then select the permalink for your article and click “Request Article via Interlibrary Loan form” at the top of your screen.
It will look like this:
Then simply fill out the form as completely as you can. You should receive your article or chapter for FREE within 3-5 business days!
Primo is your Lewis Library’s new discovery tool. Our librarian Kelley Plass has put together a fantastic research guide full of hints, tips, and videos to help guide you in learning the ins and outs of this fantastic new tool.
Check it out here: https://lewisu.libguides.com/c.php?g=1016470&p=7362421
Hi, Flyers! Your Lewis Library will be closed July 2-5 in honor of the Independence Day holiday. We hope you enjoy this time off with your loved ones. You can still access our databases 24/7, and if you have any pressing needs you are more than welcome to email us, and we will get back to you as soon as we can!
Happy Independence Day!
Take some time out today to remember those who gave everything.
Your Lewis University Library will be closed Friday through Monday in honor of Memorial Day.
We will be available to help you all again, bright and early on Tuesday morning at our regularly scheduled time.
We have Research Librarians ready to assist you with all your library and homework related questions! Please do not hesitate to initiate a chat session or to send us an email! We are happy to help!
Whether you are graduating this semester or are planning on returning in the fall, you have a few options.
- You can wait until the Library is open again to return your books – no fines or fees will be assessed.
- If you want to return books you checked out before the library is open, you can come to campus with your student ID and park in parking lot L.
- Then drop the book into the library book drop located on the campus side of the LRC. (see pic if you have no idea where that is)
- I-Share Books: If you are closer to another campus, you can drop your book off at the library of any college or university that is a member of I-share (as long as the campus is allowing visitors).
- Out of state – or can’t get to campus? Once the Library has reopened, we will send you an envelope so you can mail it back to us.