Assistant Professor, Engineering, Computing and Mathematical Sciences
Gina Martinez is an Assistant Professor of Computer Engineering in the Department of Engineering, Computing and Mathematical Sciences at Lewis University in Romeoville, IL. She earned a Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering and an M.S. in Computer Engineering from Illinois Institute of Technology in 2014 and 2009 respectively, and a B.S. degree in Computer Engineering from University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign in 2004. She is the Director of Engineering at Lewis and the Vice Chair of IEEE Computer Society Chicago section. Her research interests include the Internet of Things, wireless sensor networks, computer architecture, embedded systems and computer networks.
Ph.D., Illinois Institute of Technology, 2014
M.S., Illinois Institute of Technology, 2009
B.S., University of Illinois, 2005
- Martinez, G., & Omari, S. (2019, June), Designing an ABET-ready Computer Engineering Program in a Medium-Sized Liberal Arts College. ASEE Annual Conference & Exposition, Tampa, Florida. https://peer.asee.org/32614
- Omari S., Martinez G. (2020) Enabling Empirical Research: A Corpus of Large-Scale Python Systems. In: Arai K., Bhatia R., Kapoor S. (eds) Proceedings of the Future Technologies Conference (FTC) 2019. Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing, vol 1070.
- G. Martinez, C. Zhou, “Maximum Lifetime SMDP Routing for Energy-harvesting Wireless Sensor Networks,” Proceedings of IEEE Vehicular Technology Conference (VTC), Sept. 2016.
- G. Martinez, “Optimal Routing Algorithms in Energy-harvesting Wireless Sensor Networks”, Dissertation, Illinois Institute of Technology, Dec 2014.
- G. Martinez, S. Li, C. Zhou, “An Optimal Lifetime Utility Routing for 5G and Energy-harvesting Wireless Networks”, 5G Wireless: Technology, Standard and Practice, ZTE Communications Journal, Issue no. 1, 2015.
- G. Martinez, S. Li, C. Zhou, “Multi-commodity Online Maximum Lifetime Utility Routing for Energy-harvesting Wireless Sensor Networks”, Proceedings of IEEE Global Telecommunications Conference (GLOBECOM), pp. 106-111, Dec. 2014
- G. Martinez, S. Li, C. Zhou, “Maximum Residual Energy Routing in Wastage-Aware Energy Harvesting Wireless Sensor Networks”, Proceedings of IEEE Vehicular Technology Conference (VTC), pp. 1-5, May 2014
- G. Martinez, S. Li, C. Zhou, “Wastage-Aware Routing in Energy-Harvesting Wireless Sensor Networks,” IEEE Sensors Journal, vol. 14, no. 9, pp. 2967-2974, April 2014