Assistant Professor, College of Nursing and Health Professions
Ph.D., University of Illinois, 2010
M.S.N., University of Illinois, Chicago
B.S.N., University of Illinois, Chicago
Lasallian Research Network Liaison, for Lewis University. 2019-present.
Lasallian Association of Colleges and Universities. Colloquy Work Group. 2018-19.
Perona V, & Sherry D. (2018). Evaluation of Motivational Interview in Nursing: A Literature Review. International Journal of Nursing and Health Care Research, IJNHR-131.DOI: 10.29011/IJNHR-131. 100031.
Kinder, F., Sherry, D., McCormick, M. (2019). Perception of Satisfaction with Nurse Practitioners and Intent to Adhere to Health Plan. The Journal for Nurse Practitioners,15, 245-248
Sherry, D. C., Simmons, B., Wung, S.F., & Zerwic, J.J. (2003). Noncompliance in heart transplantation: A role for the advanced practice nurse. Progress in Cardiovascular Nursing, 18(3), 141-146.
Sherry, D. Fennessy, M., Benavente, V., Ruppar, T., & Collins, E.G. (2013). Important Considerations When Applying for a Postdoctoral Fellowship. Journal of Nursing Scholarship.
Sherry, D., Knight, B., Hacker, E.D., Quinn, L., Wang, E., Larson, J., Casey, C., & Collins, E.G. (2014). A Pilot Study Evaluating Daily Physical Activity Before and After Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy. Biological Research in Nursing.
Westbrook, A., Sherry, D., McDermott, M., Gobber, M., & Pabst, M. (2016). Examining IV Insulin Practice Guidelines in the Cardiac Surgery Patient: Nurses Evaluating Quality Outcomes at the Bedside. Journal of Nursing Care Quality, 31, 4. Advanced online publication. doi: 10.1097/NCQ.0000000000000190
Heflin, C.R. (2016). Tips for a Healthy Heart. (featured interview with D. Sherry) The Herald News. February 12, 2016. Joliet, IL.
Perona, V. & Sherry, D. (2016). Evaluation of Motivational Interview Use in Nursing: A Literature Review. Manuscript in preparation.
Young-Pitts, C., Hicks, R., Love, R., Harkless, G., Honig, J., Desjardins, K., …Sherry, D.,…& Newland, J. (2016). White Paper: The Doctor of Nursing Practice Nurse Practitioner Clinical Scholar 2016 Executive Summary. National Organization of Nurse Practitioner Faculty. Retrieved at http://nonpf.site-ym.com/?page=83
Kinder, F., Sherry, D., McCormick, M. (2018). Perception of Satisfaction with Nurse Practitioner Care and Intent to Adhere to Recommended Health Plan. Accepted oral presentation at the International Symposium on Lasallian Research. St. Mary’s University, Winona, MN.
Sherry, D. & Trask, J. (2018). Interviews with Hospital Leaders for Clinic Development. Accepted oral presentation at the International Symposium on Lasallian Research. St. Mary’s University, Winona, MN.
Khaled, A., Kerth, S., Sherry, D., & Trask, J. (2018). Electronic Health Record Improving Access. Accepted presentation at the Midwest Academy of Management annual conference. St. Louis, MO. October 11-13.
- Lasallian Research Award for “Building Trust with Uninsured Populations: Using Photovoice to Develop Interventions to Improve Health.”
- Boothroyd Foundation Scholarship, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, Illinois, 1995.
- T32 Biobehavioral training grant fellowship, Department of Biobehavioral Science, College of Nursing, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, Illinois, 2006-2007. $8655 stipend + tuition/fees.
- F31 NRSA fellowship, National Institutes for Nursing Research, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, Illinois, 2007-2010. $34,865 each year.
- Traineeship, Practitioners, Centers for Disease Control and University of South Carolina Physical Activity and Public Health Practitioners’ Course, Park City, Utah, 9/2008. Competitive selection process.
- Postdoctoral Nurse Fellowship, Department of Veterans Affairs, 7/2011-7/2013. $44,500 each year.
- Locally-Initiated Project Award. Center for the Management of the Complex & Chronically Ill. Edward Hines Jr. VA Hospital. 2/2012 – 9/2012. $7,146
- Award from The Colonel Stephen S. & Lyla Doherty Center for Aviation & Health Research. Lewis University. 3/2012 – 3/2013. $5,855
- Professor of the Game, Lewis University, Romeoville, IL. 3/22/2013.
- Nurse Educator Award, Illinois Board of Higher Education. FY2014, $10,000
Thank you Dr Sherry for your thoughtful article on the role of prayer in provider/patient interactions. My mother-in Law, a WWII Navy Veteran & professor of nursing at the College of DuPage for > 2o years would have agreed.