Begin the international admission process at Lewis University by using our online application.
($40 application fee)
*If you already submitted an application, we ask you not to apply again, as it might delay your process.
After the application is submitted, scan and send the following required documents to Claudia Alves, Assistant Director for International Admission and Recruitment at firstname.lastname@example.org
. Please keep us updated on the documents you send to Lewis, so we can confirm delivery. Once we receive all the documents below, we will consider you for admission to Lewis University!
Travel Document Copies
- A copy of the passport page which includes your full name and picture
- A copy of any visas and I-20 forms from the institution(s) you previously attended
- Copies of your family member's passport and visas if they are coming under your immigration status
For any secondary school and/or college or university you have attended outside of the USA, you must request a detailed evaluation (course-by-course) be sent directly to Lewis University from your choice of any of the following three evaluation companies:
* Students who studied only in secondary school (high school) may request a general evaluation report; students with any post-secondary studies (college/university) must request a detailed/course-by-course evaluation report.
We only accept transcript evaluations coming directly from the evaluation companies (any previously completed official evaluations from those companies may also be considered). Please allow 2-3 weeks for your evaluation to be completed.
A transcript evaluation may not be required if your previous secondary school and/or college or university was located in the USA, or had International Baccalaureate curriculum. In those cases, please simply contact your previous school's Registrar Office to arrange for your official transcripts to be mailed directly from the school to our office. Note: For graduate program applicants in some study programs, if your GPA is lower than 2.75 out of 4.0 after the evaluation, you may receive conditional admission to Lewis University to take classes, but must increase your GPA to 3.33 before beginning your intended program of study.
English Language Level Score
Only one the scores below is required:
||79 internet based or 550 paper based
|ELS Language Center
|(Conditional admission available to enrolled students at ELS Language Centers)
We accept scanned copies of IELTS scores via email, but TOEFL scores must be sent from the TOEFL center directly to us (Lewis University code 1404). If your previous college/university is located in a country where English is officially spoken, evidence of English proficiency may not be required. Note: Lewis University reserves the rights to test the English writing skills of all incoming undergraduate/graduate students and to place students in courses which will help them improve in specific areas.
Bank Statements and/or Affidavit of Support
Official Standardized Test Scores
The U.S. Immigration Services requires all international students show proof of financial balance for your first academic year (tuition + fees + room + board + health insurance), even if you will not use all these services. Safely and quickly verify your financial status with our electronic tool, FundsV. If your bank is not included on the FundsV list of more than 3,500 financial institutions, please select one of the International Banks or mail official and original bank statements (no older than 6 months) from the person who will be responsible for tuition and expenses (student and/or sponsor), with an explanation of whose bank accounts they are and the minimal balance, along with the following two forms to Lewis University. A nominal registration fee of $US50 entitles you to unlimited account balance verifications and access to your FundsV profile for 24 months. Your FundsV profile is accessible only to Lewis University, and does not satisfy the funds verification requirements of any other entity. Note: Tuition is based on 24 yearly credit hours for a bachelor's program, and 18 yearly credit hours for a master's program.
(only if required)
Submit official SAT
scores, only if you:
- Plan to participate in intercollegiate athletics (NCAA Division I & II, playing for Lewis University teams)
- Or plan to study one of these Bachelor's programs: Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Dental Hygiene, Environmental Science, Diagnostic Medical Sonography, Nuclear Medicine Technology, Pre-Professional Programs, Pre-Pharmacy DAP, Radiation Therapy, Vascular Ultrasound Technology
(for Master's Students only)
Remember, please keep us updated on the documents you send to Lewis, so we can confirm delivery. Once we receive all the documents above, we will consider you for admission to Lewis University! If you have any questions, please contact:
- Copy of updated professional resume (or C.V.)
- Two signed letters of recommendation from professors and/or professional colleagues with their signature and your full name on each
- Statement of Purpose: two page letter describing the reason for choosing this program of study
Assistant Director of International Admission and Recruitment
D.S.O. (Designated School Official)
One University Parkway
International Admission, Unit 297
Romeoville, IL 60446-2200
United States of America