Develop an in-depth understanding of the human mind and behavior.
With a curriculum focused on personal growth as well as intellectual challenge, a psychology major will help you appreciate the diversity of human experience.
"I love Psychology - you get a great understanding for the social reactions and interactions you have with people. It helps explain a lot of different things that really go unnoticed by people who don't study it."
Whether you are interested in pursuing a career in psychology, counseling, human resource management, or want a useful and interesting academic springboard into any profession, Lewis' Psychology major will help you explore the fascinating world of the human mind.
With a psychology degree from Lewis University, you will develop communication, interpersonal, leadership and teamwork skills through a curriculum in which you will:
- Understand the broad areas of psychology including: biological bases of behavior, cognition, learning and human development
- Execute a research project using appropriate research design and analysis
- Evaluate major theoretical perspectives and research conclusions
- Apply ethical reasoning to psychological work
- Relate psychological principles to real world applications
- Demonstrate effective communication skills in various formats (e.g., essays, correspondence, technical papers, presentations) and for various purposes (e.g., informing, defending, explaining, persuading, arguing, teaching)
Choose Psychology courses tied to your interests, including: clinical, developmental, social, experimental and industrial/organizational. Get your foot in the door with real-world experience through relevant internships and field placements. Develop research projects and present the results at professional conferences.
Start customizing your Psychology degree program curriculum today.
Applying to Lewis is easy. Start your online application right now.
Request More Info
Learn more about this program or student life at Lewis.