Today’s nurse is a high-tech leader managing patient care in a fast-paced environment.
If you're serious about a career as a Registered Professional Nurse, Lewis University offers the ideal preparation for your future - with a robust curriculum in the natural sciences and humanities, extensive experience in evidence-based practice, and a background in technology education as it relates to the newest advances in patient care.
Why Lewis for Your Nursing Degree?
There's a reason why Lewis attracts some of the best and brightest nursing students into our program:
- For the five most recent years, our nursing graduates have the highest licensure pass rates of all nursing programs in Illinois.
- New and recently upgraded simulation labs and facilities give you access to state-of-the-art equipment.
- Prestigious CCNE accreditation ensures your program is of the highest standards nationally.
- Small class sizes gives us the ability to support you and your personal skill development.
- Caring faculty will serve as your personal mentors and guides as you develop your professional portfolio as primary caregiver, manager and leader.
- An extensive range of professional clinical sites gives you valuable exposure and experience in a wide variety of health care settings.
- We offer direct admission to the nursing program as an entering freshman or transfer student at Lewis.
One of our most important distinctions is that you will experience more than just a “technical training” program. You will develop a holistic approach to patient care and an ethical framework for effective decision making. Patient care is as much about the heart, the spirit and the mind as well as the presenting medical condition. You will be uniquely prepared to excel in all situations you encounter in this rewarding field.
Life after Lewis
Upon successful completion of your nursing degree, you will be awarded the Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN), and be eligible to apply for the NCLEX-RN national examination for licensure as a Registered Professional Nurse (Lewis graduates recently achieved a 100% pass rate).You will be prepared for a rewarding career as a:
View your Nursing degree program curriculum today!
Already have your license?
- Critical care nurse
- Emergency room nurse
- Home care nurse
- Long-term care nurse
- Pediatric nurse
- And more!
Consider our RN to BSN program
Already have your bachelor's degree?
Fast-track your degree with our BAC to BSN program
Men in Nursing - William Shake
Men are increasingly pursuing careers in nursing, attracted by abundant job opportunities, good salaries and, above all, the opportunity to make a difference in people's lives.
Lewis currently enrolls 81 men in our BSN program.
"My mom and aunt were both diagnosed with breast cancer within six months of each other. That was my calling - to learn how to provide that exceptional care my family members got from Lewis University graduates."
"Nursing here is more than a program - it's a community. You go through classes semester after semester with the same people. You grow together. You work together. You help each other. And you succeed."