Designed for the Working RN
Patient Care Manager, Provena St. Joseph
"After nine years in nursing with my associate degree, it was the right time to take the next step in my clinical career. Lewis University had the right program for me. My instructors were great, treated us all like the adults we were, and emphasized real-life application of our newfound knowledge."
Does this sound like you?
- You have completed an associate degree nursing program or earned a diploma from a school of nursing.
- You are licensed as an IL Registered Nurse and are currently practicing.
- You are well aware that the demand for nurses with a BSN has recently increased.
- But, you don't yet have the BSN you need to meet your future career goals.
That's exactly why more and more nurses are choosing Lewis University's RN to BSN degree completion program
and getting the education and credentials they need to take the next step in their careers.
Designed specifically for adult learners, the RN to BSN program offers small class sizes for interactive discussion and active participation. Plus, our personalized learning environment and friendly staff will provide you with individual attention, guiding you through the entire process and procedural "hoops", so you can focus your time and attention on class work.
At Lewis, you get more than a degree - you get an education. Our faculty with real-world experience will build on the training you already have - working from your current skill set to strengthen your abilities and expand your specialties. We take a holistic approach to patient care, so you will enhance your clinical judgment and leadership skills that can be used immediately in your practice. Your ethical foundation will be challenged in order to make you a better advocate - compassionate and well-equipped to meet the demands of the ever-changing health care environment.
Plus, we offer on-site programs at hospitals all throughout the region. Our open cohorts provide flexibility so that you can plan to take classes around your schedule. We reward your years of nursing experience by granting up to 12 hours of nursing credit after succesfully completing fifteen hours of nursing courses.
- You must be currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in Illinois, and provide a copy of your license
- Be a graduate of state-approved diploma, associate degree program or foreign nursing program
- Submit official transcripts from all colleges attended (2.5 GPA required)
Thursdays at Shorewood: Fall, 2013 Cohort
*Classes will meet at the Lewis University Shorewood Campus
247 Brookforest Avenue (corner of Rt. 52 and Rt. 59 next to Jewel-Osco)
- Specifically designed for the unique busyness of the Registered Nurse
- Discounted tuition, frozen for the life of the cohort
- Accelerated 5 to 8 week course formats
- Earn up to 12 semester hours of nursing credit for your previous RN experience
Employer Tuition Assistance
, Advocate, Vanguard, Provena Alverno
and other partner healthcare organization employees may take advantage of special tuition pricing
Build on the professional knowledge you have already developed as an RN, and take the next step to move up the career ladder.
Start customizing your program curriculum
If you would like to talk through your options or have any other questions, contact an Adult Undergraduate Admission Advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org
or call (815) 836-5250.
Applying to Lewis is easy. Start your online application right now.
Request More Info
Learn more about Lewis University's Adult Undergraduate Programs today.