Elementary Education, B.A.
Elementary Education Licensure and Endorsement in English as a Second Language
The greatest reward comes from impacting a child’s early academic years.
Make a difference in the world while filling a much needed role that the State of Illinois has listed as an area of shortage.
Lewis University’s Elementary Education program prepares you to teach in grades 1 through 6. Our experienced faculty brings real-world experience to the classroom. Upon completion of the program, you will earn a Bachelor of Arts degree and be prepared to obtain an Illinois Professional Educators license with English as a Second Language (ESL) Endorsement.*
Providing you with every advantage
You understand the importance of education, especially as our society continues to become more diverse. It’s why our Bachelor of Arts in Elementary Education provides the requirements for licensure, as well as for an ESL endorsement – both of which are in high demand in Illinois. As a student in this program, you’ll enjoy:
Why Choose Lewis?
- Actual teaching practice by observing and participating in a variety of classrooms thanks to Lewis’ connections with regional school districts
- Exposure to a variety of cultures and communities – Lewis has partnered with 60 school districts, 7 counties and 130 schools in the Chicago area.
- Specific and customized educational methods, assessment and intervention
- Use of the latest technologies, such as smartboards, iPads, Geometry Sketchpad, environmental and physiological data collection probes, TI-84 and TI-Nspire graphing calculators and more.
- A community of faculty, staff and students who share a passion for education and a goal to improve our school systems and communities
For additional information, contact the Office of Admission at (815) 836-5250 or email@example.com.
- All programs are accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE), the premier accrediting agency for colleges and education
- Recognized as a Regional Top 25 University by U.S. News & World Report
- Named #1 best college value in Illinois by Great Value Colleges
- Graduates are highly sought after to become Elementary Education teachers with ESL Endorsement
- Social justice and multicultural curriculum based on the belief that all students are capable of learning and the importance of adapting instruction to serve all students
*LBSI and Reading Endorsements can also be earned through taking additional coursework.
100% of May 2014 graduates from the College of Education are employed at schools.
“I would say the best thing about the College of Education is the professors. They are so friendly, and definitely go the extra mile to help you and you just honestly feel like they’re a member of your family… ”
“I really feel like my teachers are helping me become successful – giving me real-life scenarios of what happens in the real-world, whether it be for classroom management or interviews that you’ll go through, or stressful situations you’ll run into.”