Clubs and Student Organizations
Teachers of Tomorrow
Teachers of Tomorrow is an organization for education students focused on creating connections between current educators and future elementary, secondary and special education teachers. Members work on service projects, connect with teaching professionals and participate in social activities. Recently, Lewis' Teachers of Tomorrow hosted a Scholastic Book Fair, volunteered with the Lincoln Way Special Olympics and coordinated a shoe drive for Share Your Soles.
Best Buddies Illinois
Best Buddies Illinois
is a national non-profit organization is dedicated to enhancing the lives of individuals with intellectual disabilities. Sign up for the college program to become a "best buddy" and help a person with intellectual disabilities gain confidence and enjoy social activities.
Collegiate Middle Level Association
An affiliate of Association for Middle Level Education, is a professional education organization for college students preparing to become middle level teachers.
The purposes of CMLA are to provide an organized source of information that
- Supports legislation, standards, and recommendations that enhance the middle level concept, practices, and ideas.
- Advances appropriate middle level teacher education.
- Provides information about current middle level employment opportunities.
- Promotes and invites collegiate participation at national, state and regional middle level conferences.
- Provides support and encouragement for students in middle level education and informs members of progress and activities of both CMLA and other student groups via newsletters, electronic technology and other sources of communication.
Each collegiate chapter receives five NMSA votes and five electronic subscriptions to Middle School Journal and Middle Ground magazine, and every member of each collegiate chapter receives AMLE member rates on all publications and conference registrations.
Our university activities might include the following:
- Inviting guest panels (teachers, administrators, board members, parents, and/or students) to speak to the students.
- Attending field trips to schools and other organizations that work with middle school students.
- Promoting awareness of middle school issues within the university and surrounding communities.
- Holding fundraisers to help middle school students and families in need.
- Hosting social events for members and non-members at selected times of the year.