SUPERINTENDENT ENDORSEMENT/CERTIFICATE OF ADVANCED STUDY
Total Credit Hours: 30
See pages 88-89 for complete admission requirements.
1. Masterís degree from a recognized institution.
2. General Administrative (Type 75) Certificate.
3. Fulfillment of Survey of Exceptional Child requirement (105 ILCS 5/21-2a).
4. Two-years administrative or supervisory experience.
5. Submission of writing sample.
6. Successful completion of the Illinois Certification Basic Skills Test
Course of Study: 30 credit hours, 200 clinical hours
Governance of Schools (6)
51-622 Ethical and Moral Foundations of Educational Leadership (3)
51-648 Political and Legislative Context of Education (3)
Management of Schools (6)
51-657 Curriculum and Program Improvement (3)
51-658 School Finance and FiscalManagement (3)
51-637 Strategic Planning and Program Evaluation (3)
51-678 Organizational Development in Education (3)
Professional Core (12)
51-638 Current Issues in School Law (3)
51-645 Collective Negotiations and Personnel Administration (3)
51-675 Research for School Leaders (3)
51-688 Leadership Practicum (3)
Total credit hours required: 30
Candidates for the Certificate of Advanced Study must complete a portfolio as part of their practicum requirement. The portfolio will include the theoretical and research base of this culminating project of the program. The paper must be formatted according to the American Psychological Association (APA) Manual, Current Edition.
Clinical Hours Required