Undergraduate Course Catalog 2010-2011
DEGREE PROGRAMS FOR: CONTEMPORARY GLOBAL STUDIES
The Contemporary Global Studies major is an interdisciplinary degree developed through a collaboration with the College of Arts and Sciences (Departments of History and Political Science) and the College of Business, and offers unique theoretical and practical international perspectives.
Students preparing for professional careers in business, government and education, for example, can learn more about the effects of history and culture on the behavior and structure of political, financial and economic institutions around the world. The effects of political and international trade relationships and the impact of globalization on human rights, the environment, international trade, nationalism, and investment are explored.
Other features of the program include:
- International Experience Component
- International Internships
- Study Abroad Opportunities in Ireland, London, Mexico, and elsewhere
- International Experience Short Courses
- Language/Communication Skills Component
- History/Area Studies
- Political Science/International Relations