INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY MANAGEMENT (ACCELERATED)/BACHELOR OF SCIENCE
Total Credit Hours: 128
Major Credit Hours: 69
The Bachelor of Science in Information Technology Management degree is designed to engage students in an integrated and innovative curriculum grounded in practical competencies needed in the dynamic field of IT. This program offers a combination of technical and managerial expertise that will prepare students to work in a variety of business environments with a sharp understanding of the industry's strategic objectives and management practices.
Unique elements of the program include:
- Students will work on and manage a project as it moves through the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Students will manage their project building on skills learned in each course.
- The end deliverable is a complete project e-portfolio (students will store their documentation on a secure Website) which fully documents all elements of the SDLC.
- Students can use their project after graduation to demonstrate their competencies and skills to potential employers.
PROGRAM ENTRANCE REQUIREMENTS
Applicants should be at least 24 years of age; have earned a minimum of 12 semester (18 quarters) hours of transferable credit at a regionally accredited post-secondary institution; have earned a minimum of a 2.0 (4.0 scale) cumulative transfer GPA, based on all transferable courses to be considered for admission; and have at least 3 years of full-time work experience. Credits earned through PLA cannot be used for satisfying the transfer credit hour requirement for admission into an accelerated degree program. Business course grades of C or higher will be accepted for transfer into the major.
DEGREE REQUIREMENTS FOR BS IN INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY MANAGEMENT
• Successful completion of a minimum of 128 semester credit hours.
• Completion of final 32 semester graded credit hours at Lewis University including four upper division foundation courses and/or major courses (12 semester credit hours.)
• Achievement of an overall grade point average of at least 2.00 (“C”) for all courses taken at Lewis University and a 2.20 average for the foundation and major area courses.