Undergraduate Course Catalog 2006-2007
DEGREE PROGRAMS FOR: HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
This major is an interdisciplinary program, housed within the Department of Psychology and designed for students who seek a career in the Human Resource Management field. Students are prepared to handle responsibilities involving recruitment, selection, training, appraisal, compensation, organizational communication and other HRM activities. They will have opportunities in the private sector, not-for-profit organizations, or state and local government.
Students who earn a degree in Human Resource Management will be able to
1) Understand the broad areas of psychology, including behaviorism, psychodynamic theory, cognitive theory, humanistic theory and biological bases of behavior.
2) Use knowledge of statistics and research design to plan and execute a research project.
3) Criticize research conclusions.
4) Understand direct, real world application of psychological knowledge.
5) Apply ethical reasoning to psychological work.