Learn to manage the growing and highly technical side of aviation.
Not only will you develop the skills and technical training required to be a certified Aviation Maintenance Technician (AMT) but how to manage the business end of this critical and evolving area of aviation maintenance.
Designed for the mechanically minded, this program will build on your love for airplanes, helping you learn exactly how aviation systems work and the business skills necessary to manage aviation operations through a curriculum, including:
Earn Your Airframe and Powerplant (A & P) Licenses
- Blueprint Reading
- Aviation Physics
- Principles of Management
- Aircraft Electricity
- Human Resource Management
- Gas Turbine Powerplants
- Aircraft Inspection & Engine Testing
- Supervisory Management
This program will prepare you to secure both ratings required to be a licensed Aviation Maintenance Technician (AMT).
This rating will enable you to work on aircraft engines.
This rating will allow you to work on the body of the airplane
outside the engine; including wings, wheels, brakes, etc.
Lewis University Maintenance Certificate courses are approved by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), under Title 14 of the Code of Federal Regulations, Part 147, and are continuously updated.
Life after Lewis
As a graduate of Lewis’ program, you will be prepared for technical management positions with airlines and repair facilities, including:
Aviation Maintenance Management vs. Aviation and Aerospace Technology?
- Flight Operator
- Crew Scheduler
- Aircraft Maintenance Director
- Aircraft Maintenance Supervisor
- Aviation Agents
- Airline Marketing Professionals
Our Aviation Maintenance Management program is more business-focused, preparing you for management positions within the field of aviation maintenance. If you are interested in a purely technical program, preparing you to be an Aviation Maintenance Technician who works on cutting-edge aircraft systems, our Aviation and Aerospace Technology degree
may be the perfect program for you.
Why Lewis for Your Aviation and Aerospace Technology Degree?
- Ranked as one of U.S. News & World Report's "Top Tier Colleges"
- Recognized in 2013-2014 as the nation’s #1 Aviation Program and presented with the Loening Trophy
- Only university aviation program in Illinois with on-site airport for hands-on training
- $2 million high-tech Harold A. White Aviation Center - one of the most modern aviation education centers in the Midwest
- Amazing internship opportunities with leading Chicago aviation companies always on the lookout for future AMTs
- Our globally-focused curriculum prepares you for a career in aviation that can take you anywhere